Sunday, November 6, 2016

Potato scrambled eggs

It was 9:00 am... a Sunday... a very lazy Sunday. The kind of lazy where one wakes up from bed only to go sprawl on the living room couch. Nowhere to rush to, no timeline to keep up, no commitments to follow through. Such days are WOW to wake up to knowing the day is all mine. :D 

Such lazy days are the days too when going to a store is a big NA NA and where my creativity springs up to keep me all cozy. Bill Gates was so right when he said a lazy man finds the easiest way to finish a task. So around 10:00 am, when my lazy sprawl was getting uncomfortable with the muscle fatigue of staying in a position far too long, I crawled off the bean bag and gave it a reassuring glance to say "I will be back soon dear". Then got my home-ground coffee and decided to have breakfast.

There was an onion, corriander and curry leaves, a few potatoes and that was it. A very silent and polite but obvious swear almost escaped my disappointed demeanor. What was I supposed to make with that???
Why not a Spanish omelette I thought. It had been a while since I made them. When I opened the fridge, what I saw made my heart sink. There was only 1 egg! :-( ;-( 
And my pan needed at least 3 eggs to make one on a day of ingredient drought. Then it happened like the troll where one is about to flip an omelette and ended up with scrambled eggs, with some alterations in my case. 

As I boiled the potatoes and was estimating how to lay the pan so I could still make a Spanish omelette, I suddenly got too bored making a plan and then thought how about potato scrambled eggs. And despite the skepticism, I moved ahead and had a very filling breakfast :D :D


What I used
  1. Coconut oil: 3 tablespoons
  2. Boiled and coarsely crushed potatoes: 1 cup
  3. Chopped onion: 1
  4. Salt: to taste
  5. Pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
  6. Curry leaves: few
  7. Chopped corriander leaves: 1/2 cup
  8.  Eggs: 2 (I used one, but 2 would be better)
How I made it
  1. Heat oil in a pan, saute the onions with salt and pepper and add the curry leaves, corriander leaves and crushed potatoes 
  2. Mix the contents well and add the eggs with continuous scrambling till the eggs turn crispy
I was so hungry with all the planning and change of plans that I didn't have the patience to click more pics of this dish :D :D It was all over in a jiffy for me. It was also the moment I basked in the perfection of an egg-potato marriage.

This is a light and filling breakfast for those who don't wanna go heavy.

Have this with a slice of garlic bread and it should just be fine! :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment