Friday, June 2, 2017

Pepper chicken fry

Hello!

At times, the little things are what makes any day a BIG DAY!

This particular day, I was pondering on how to make use of the few chicken pieces hibernating in my freezer when I came up with this recipe. Since I rarely cook chicken and sooo wanted the sweety, spicy, chewy, juicy contentment, I couldn't afford to let this go wrong. So I carefully sorted the ingredients that I felt would bring about the flavors I needed.

The result led this to being my kudos moment for coming up with a recipe that turned out fine in the first attempt. It came out lovely! A word of caution is that the dish is a tad bit oily. Once in a while, an excess of coconut oil can't be bad, especially for Keralites :D :D


What I used
  1. Fried chicken pieces (marinated in a mix of chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder): 1/4 kg
    PS: Ensure the chicken pieces are not fried to become hard. Fry till they are medium cooked.
  2. Finely diced (round shape) shallots: 1 cup
  3. Garlic: 5 halved cloves
  4. Salt: to taste
  5. Coconut oil: 1/4 cup
  6. Pepper powder: 2 teaspoons
  7. Curry leaves: 1 sprig
  8. Green chillies: 3
  9. Honey (to be added at the end): 1/4 cup
How I made it
  1. Heat oil in a pan and saute the shallots with curry leaves, garlic, green chillies and the required amount of salt on medium flame.
  2. When the shallots soften, add the pepper powder. Mix well and after 1 minute, add the already fried chicken pieces.
  3. Mix the contents well. Cook for 5 minutes with the pan covered. Then remove the lid and stir the contents well to get rid of any remaining moisture.
    PS: You can stop at this stage if you like the dish spicy.
  4. For a bit of extra sweetness, turn off the stove and add honey. Mix everything well.
    Now, it's time to get the serving plate :D :D

That's it!

It went really well with chappathy and served as a snack by itself with the evening tea :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment