At times, the little things are what makes any day a BIG DAY!
This particular day, I was pondering on how to make use of the few chicken pieces hibernating in my freezer when I came up with this recipe. Since I rarely cook chicken and sooo wanted the sweety, spicy, chewy, juicy contentment, I couldn't afford to let this go wrong. So I carefully sorted the ingredients that I felt would bring about the flavors I needed.
The result led this to being my kudos moment for coming up with a recipe that turned out fine in the first attempt. It came out lovely! A word of caution is that the dish is a tad bit oily. Once in a while, an excess of coconut oil can't be bad, especially for Keralites :D :D
What I used
- Fried chicken pieces (marinated in a mix of chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder): 1/4 kg
PS: Ensure the chicken pieces are not fried to become hard. Fry till they are medium cooked.
- Finely diced (round shape) shallots: 1 cup
- Garlic: 5 halved cloves
- Salt: to taste
- Coconut oil: 1/4 cup
- Pepper powder: 2 teaspoons
- Curry leaves: 1 sprig
- Green chillies: 3
- Honey (to be added at the end): 1/4 cup
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the shallots with curry leaves, garlic, green chillies and the required amount of salt on medium flame.
- When the shallots soften, add the pepper powder. Mix well and after 1 minute, add the already fried chicken pieces.
- Mix the contents well. Cook for 5 minutes with the pan covered. Then remove the lid and stir the contents well to get rid of any remaining moisture.
PS: You can stop at this stage if you like the dish spicy.
- For a bit of extra sweetness, turn off the stove and add honey. Mix everything well.
Now, it's time to get the serving plate :D :D