Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Christmas chicken curry

Christmas is a special time of the year! We await it with great anticipation even if there is nothing to do other than church and a feast that day... Time of joy and acceptance and sharing.. all goody goodies :D :D The perfect day of the year!

And my Christmas chicken curry has nothing to do with Christmas! I named this so for the divine reason that I used all the remaining goodies in my fridge, which by themselves weren't voluminous enough to make solo curries, thereby showing togetherness and the peace of inclusivity :D :D How truly immaculate!

PS: If I made you feel divine, am glad to have reignited the Holy Spirit within you, but please please DON'T get all pious with it and eat this in Church. Feel free to have it in the sanctity of elsewhere


What I used
The good part of this dish is that it is made just like a regular chicken curry except that I used vegetables. I have shared the recipe of Spicy chicken curry before. I followed the same method here

  1. All the ingredients from the spicy chicken curry
  2. Diced carrots: 2
  3. Diced Padavalanga (snakegourd): 1 cup
  4. Lady's finger cut into 1/2 inch pieces: 2
  5. Yardlong beans cut into 1/2 inch pieces: 2

How I made it

Method follows the same sequence as the Spicy chicken curry. The additional step is to add all the above vegetables along with the chicken so they cook in the chicken gravy... and that's it!


The day I made it, I had freshly baked raisin bread from a confectionery close by. It made a really good Sunday brunch

Like chicken curry, it goes with everything, rice, chappthi, bread, idiappam, palappam, kallappam, porotta, pidi, patthiri, dosa, ada and anything you can think of :D :D

PS: In case you are wondering if this will taste like sambar with all the vegetables, well no... it tastes just like chicken curry but with lot more vegetables ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment